Riviera Travel - Solo Traveller Forum

Riviera Solo Travel Charms of the Baltics

Discuss Riviera's solo holidays, talk about travel in general, share tips and read reviews.

Moderators: Riviera Travel, Erik RivieraTravel

Pat. B

19 Oct 2018, 07:14  

I've never been on a Solo Holiday before but Charms of the Baltics sounds really good. Has anyone been on this trip and if so how was it? It sounds like a lot of travelling on the last day with very little time at the final hotel. I'm also concerned about the early start from Manchester which would mean an overnight airport stay. Any tips, comments or experience please share your thought with me. I welcome any advice etc.
Thanks

Riviera Travel

19 Oct 2018, 08:15  

Hi Anon,

It really is a very lovely tour with so many interesting things to see. I understand your concerns about the last day, but after a week of sightseeing, you can use that time on the coach to relax, or, as many people do, natter away about all the great things you have experienced. You will arrive in Jurmala in good time to freshen up and enjoy the seaside setting. The other good thing is that it means that you are a short, stress-free hop to the airport the next day.

The good thing about your early start in Manchester is that you will arrive in Riga with time to settle in and have a little look around the lovely old town on your first day. If I recall there is a hotel right on Manchester Airport so you could look to stay there and you would be a few steps away from the check in desk the next morning.

I hope this helps!

•   Information