Riviera Travel - Solo Traveller Forum

!st time solo travellor

Discuss Riviera's solo holidays, talk about travel in general, share tips and read reviews.

Moderators: Riviera Travel, Erik RivieraTravel

DavidGibbs

08 Sep 2017, 18:02  

Hello there. I'm considering a trip to Bologna on 18th Sept 2017 (from Birmingham) so need to get my skates on! This is probably a long shot but is anyone booked for this trip? I too have all the concerns of travelling alone but need to get some sunshine before the winter. Thank you

Starbright

09 Sep 2017, 11:35  

Don't be concerned about travelling alone David. I recently did the Solo Traveller trip to Germany and it was amazing. I loved every minute and didn't want to come home at the end! We were so well looked after by Riviera right from arriving at the airport to check in and all the time we were away. The other people on the holiday were lovely too. Just go for it!

DavidGibbs

09 Sep 2017, 20:22  

Thank you for the reassurance Starbright

Debs60

27 Sep 2017, 07:39  

David,
I have just returned from the Bologna trip...... book it now it's out of this world!
I travelled alone but as this wasn't a "solo" holiday the majority of people were in couples. I am 57 and I would say most were over 60. Everyone was so friendly and the tour guide Romani was lovely. It was my first time with Riviera and I will definitely go again.
Deb

•   Information