Riviera Travel - Solo Traveller Forum

First time

Discuss Riviera's solo holidays, talk about travel in general, share tips and read reviews.

Moderators: Riviera Travel, Erik RivieraTravel

kentaylor

02 Jul 2017, 12:24  

Hi, my name is Ken Taylor and I am 72, I have lost my partner of 38 years and I am looking at how to overcome my loneliness Just wondered if there are any others out there who can offer advice on these sort of holidays as it is all new to me. thanks

Riviera Travel

02 Jul 2017, 14:51  

Hi Ken, so sorry to hear of your loss.

Our holidays are thoughtfully designed to put solo travellers at ease. You will be travelling with a group of like minded people who you can share the rich experiences of a new destination with.

Have a browse of the holidays that we offer and just let us know if you need anything?

Ger

30 Jul 2017, 14:55  

Hi Ken. I know how you feel. I am 63 and lost my wife just over 12 months ago. I too am considering a solo holiday for the first time and would welcome any advice from anyone who had been on one.

Jane

09 Sep 2017, 13:36  

hello to Ken and to Ger and I am so sorry both of you for how you are feeling and know how daunting it all must feel. I am going on my first solo trip next month so will let you both know how it went. I don't feel nervous.... yet! I hope that both of you choose something unchallenging and go for it perhaps you could both agree to go on the same trip just for starters... ? I'm trying Bruges. I was really interested in Berlin but the dates were too far ahead and I wanted to go this year...will let you know how it went, assuming I can find my way back to this thread! Jane

Starbright

10 Sep 2017, 06:40  

I recently went on the solo travellers trip to Berlin and Dresden. The whole thing was wonderful and Riviera looked after us so well. There were 26 people in the group and we all got on with each other immediately. I loved every minute and will definitely be booking another solo travellers trip. I would recommend them to anyone.

Dinky

10 Sep 2017, 15:31  

Hi I'm Diane 57 I lost my lovely man to cancer some time ago now
I used to love to go abroad
But going on my own is so daunting
I have been told that going shorthaul at first would be a good idea
Someone suggested the Benidorm centre
As this hotel catering for the single travelers and is only a 2 hour flight
As any one been to this hotel
I would love to go to the sun but we have always gone together
I'm not sure if I'd be to scared to come out of the hotel
So daunting
Di x

Riviera Travel

10 Sep 2017, 18:55  

Hi Di, thanks for your post

We don't actually offer any holidays to Benidorm. We do have a superb tour of southern Spain though.

You can see our full range of holidays exclusively for solo travellers here https://www.rivieratravel.co.uk/single-holidays

Remember, everyone on these tours has a similar situation and so nerves will evaporate really quickly once you are surrounded by a group of like minded travellers

Julieren

12 Jan 2018, 17:29  

Hi Diane,
I am in same situation as you and have been looking at the Southern tour of Spain in April 2018. I would fly out of Edinburgh. Would be very happy to chat with you and see if any of our travel dates match up .

Andy173

15 Jan 2018, 15:22  

Hi Ken

I am 62 and also lost my wife recently.
Have lots of children, step-children and grandchildren but wanted a "cultural" holiday rather than a beach one, with adults of a similar age, so I have just booked my first solo one to India and Shimla. If it turns out well, will book more. Go do it.

Andrew

Janelw

15 Jan 2018, 15:58  

Hi Andy
When are you going to India. I am booked on the one in March :-)
Jane

•   Information