Selected departures up to October 2015 and April to October 2016
Magnificent Rome, inspirational Florence and the legendary cities of Siena and Assisi – experience them all on our escorted tour to some of the most magical places in Italy
- Return flights to Rome
- Seven nights’ accommodation at excellent quality four-star hotels, including breakfast and four dinners
- Guided tour of historic Rome, home to the Coliseum, the forum, Trevi Fountain, the Spanish steps - discover 2,500 years of history
- Guided tour of Siena, one of Europe’s finest medieval cities
- Guided tour of Florence, pearl of the Renaissance with timed visit to the Uffizi, one of the world’s finest art galleries
- Guided tour of Arezzo – one of Tuscany’s most stunningly unspoilt medieval cities, noted for its exquisite tapestries
- Visit to Assisi, birthplace of St. Francis
- Discover Tuscany’s stunning countryside
- Escorted by our experienced tour manager
Dates & Prices
The Classical Italy tour with Riviera proved to be an unforgettable experience for all the right reasons! A fantastic itinerary allowed us to experience all the major attractions of Italy as well as uncovering some hidden gems. Norman, our tour guide was exceptional; he was of course extremely knowledgeable however it was his attitude that really made him stand out - he consistently done everything in his power to ensure we all got what we wanted from the trip. We felt very lucky to have had him as our guide. Many may see Rome as the main attraction however for us, Sienna and Assisi were the highlights of the tour! Arezzo is also fantastic however the ‘old town’ (which is the best part) is unfortunately introduced on the final day which leaves little time to explore it. The accommodation throughout the tour is also brilliant - whilst the rooms of the Minerva may seem a tad outdated, the facilities (gym, Turkish baths etc) are really great and the food was outstanding. All meals were authentic Italian dishes - the Tuscan soup was particularly good! The Grand Beverly Hills was indeed Grand - much fancier rooms and communal areas which is perhaps why it is far more expensive than the Minerva. Both establishments however were really good and the staff at both hotels were extremely friendly. All in all this is a top notch tour that is well worth taking! We look forward to taking our 3rd Riviera holiday in the near future!
Latest Classical Italy Tour Testimonial
* Selected departures up to October 2015 and April to October 2016, prices from £789pp
The price of this holiday is per person, based on two people sharing a twin room. Single rooms are subject to availability at a supplement of £189. The price includes seven nights bed and breakfast accommodation (dinner is included on the first four nights), all tours as mentioned, return flights as detailed, airport departure taxes, timed entrance to the Uffizi gallery, and the services of a Riviera tour manager.