Selected departures up to October 2015 and April to October 2016
Magnificent Rome, inspirational Florence and the legendary cities of Siena and Assisi – experience them all on our escorted tour to some of the most magical places in Italy
- Return flights
- Seven nights’ accommodation at excellent quality four-star hotels, including breakfast and four dinners
- Guided tour of historic Rome, home to the Coliseum, the forum, Trevi Fountain, the Spanish steps - discover 2,500 years of history
- Guided tour of Siena, one of Europe’s finest medieval cities
- Guided tour of Florence, pearl of the Renaissance with timed visit to the Uffizi, one of the world’s finest art galleries
- Guided tour of Arezzo – one of Tuscany’s most stunningly unspoilt medieval cities, noted for its exquisite tapestries
- Visit to Assisi, birthplace of St. Francis
- Discover Tuscany’s stunning countryside
- Escorted by our experienced tour manager
Dates & Prices
My husband and I recently returned from one of your Classical Italy tours (28th May-4th June) We would like to say how thankful we were to have Paula as our Tour Manager. She was an excellent guide but really came into her own when I was taken ill and needed a doctor in Arezzo. She arranged for a doctor to come to our hotel and then came to our room to translate when we were having difficulties with the language.
The doctor decided that I needed to go to hospital by ambulance and Paula liaised with my husband the whole time I was there to keep herself informed.
Due to a lack of language skills I couldn’t communicate with most of the hospital staff, so Paula came with my husband to find out exactly what was happening and and get some action. I’m sure I would still be there if she hadn’t! Thanks to her intervention we were able to continue the tour to Rome.
I am happy to say that I am now fully recovered and I would really appreciate it if you could pass that information on to Paula.
Even though she kept saying that it was ” just her job”, she went above and beyond her job description in my opinion. If you have an award for “top Tour Manager”, she gets my nomination.
We look forward to travelling with Riviera again in the future.
Latest Classical Italy Tour Testimonial
* Selected departures up to October 2015 and April to October 2016, prices from £789pp
The price of this holiday is per person, based on two people sharing a twin room. Single rooms are subject to availability at a supplement of £189. The price includes seven nights bed and breakfast accommodation (dinner is included on the first four nights), all tours as mentioned, return flights as detailed, airport departure taxes, timed entrance to the Uffizi gallery, and the services of a Riviera tour manager.