Passengers with reduced mobility
We want to ensure you make the correct choice before you book your holiday with us. If you have any concerns regarding the suitability of the holiday due to reduced mobility we would encourage you to contact us or call 01283 742 317 to discuss these concerns
- The hotels we use have been chosen due to their location and standard, the facilities offered can differ, it is therefore important that we make the appropriate enquiries with our suppliers on your behalf to ensure any special needs or requests can be catered for.
Overseas Transport Arrangements
- All of our tours involve coach travel. The coaches we use have not been adapted for wheelchair access.
- We are able to arrange airport assistance for anyone with reduced mobility. This is a free service which must be arranged with the airline prior to travel. If you would like us to arrange this assistance for you it needs to be pre-booked more than 48 hours before your flight departs.
- If you have reduced mobility and are travelling on one of our Eurostar tours please contact us. Should you need to travel in your own wheelchair, Eurostar does have specially adapted wheelchair spaces which need to be pre-booked. If you would like assistance at St.Pancras we can make Eurostar Assist aware of this requirement, you would then need to make your way to the Eurostar Assist desk at St.Pancras at least 60 minutes prior to your departure.
- We include guided tours, however due to the natural terrain of the locations we visit these may be a challenge for anyone with reduced mobility. We also sometimes use different modes of transport to complete our itinerary which includes though not limited to, boats, trains and jeeps these may also pose a challenge for anyone with reduced mobility.
- Our ships are not adapted for wheelchair access; if you are intending to take a wheelchair with you please contact us.
- Due to popularity of river cruising when there is more than one ship in port the ships could be moored alongside each other. If our ship happens to be moored away from the landing pier disembarking could involve walking across gang planks and the sun deck of other ships.
- River cruises operate with a smaller crew than ocean cruises and do not have the crew available to personally attend to passengers with reduced mobility therefore a travelling companion would need to be able to help with any physical needs.
- The itinerary we include with our river cruises involves shore excursions visiting places with cobbled streets which can be on an incline making navigation of these streets difficult for anyone with reduced mobility.
- Cruising down the Rhine, Danube or any of the European rivers we offer gives you the opportunity to take in the spectacular scenery and there is a lot to enjoy from the comfort of the ship. If you can’t do many shore excursions, river cruising in Europe can still be very enjoyable and worthwhile, please contact us with any concerns you may have.
Please also read more on our Health page.