Riviera Travel - Solo Traveller Forum

First time

Discuss Riviera's solo holidays, talk about travel in general, share tips and read reviews.

Moderators: Riviera Travel, Erik RivieraTravel

Gill59

02 Aug 2019, 17:57  

Hello. It's my 60th birthday later this month. My husband passed away last year and I am hoping to retire in a few months time. I have lots of friends and a lovely family but don't really have anyone to travel with any more. I'm quite shy until I get to know someone but I like the sound of these holidays for lone travellers. I fancy exploring Italy, Spain and Croatia next year so have sent off for a brochure. I'm quite excited as there are so many holidays I like the look of.

Riviera Travel

05 Aug 2019, 16:00  

Hi Gill!

Welcome to Riviera Travel, and happy 60th birthday for later this month!

We hope you enjoy flicking through our brochure and don't worry about being shy Gill, this is why we have a welcome dinner and drinks on the first evening, to help break the ice.

Best wishes,
Rudy

Hazel

11 Aug 2019, 14:16  

Hi Gill I too am a first time traveller and have with trepidation booked a holiday to Italy this year in September, pity you aren't going this year we would be good company for one another! There is a phrase which goes 'feel the fear and do it anyway' this is definitely what I am doing! I hope you finally pluck up the courage to go away if not this year next. There's a lot of world out there to explore!

•   Information