Riviera Travel - Solo Traveller Forum

Bruges in May 2019

Discuss Riviera's solo holidays, talk about travel in general, share tips and read reviews.

Moderators: Riviera Travel, Erik RivieraTravel

Onlyme

11 Feb 2019, 14:27  

HI, i am mid 50's and looking to book for Bruges Solo break looking at May 2019 onwards. It will be my first solo travel in Europe. Bit unsure generally and wondering if anyone else on here is going? It will be my first solo travel in Europe and ideally I'm looking to join a group which includes people of similar age. Bit unsure generally and it would be nice to chat to others who are going! Thanks :)

Erik RivieraTravel

12 Feb 2019, 07:05  

Dear Onlyme,

First of all welcome to Riviera Travel. We definitely understand that the first solo trip can be quite daunting, and so I think the Bruges Solo break is a good choice to test the waters. Not only is it short, but since travel is by Eurostar you can book tickets from a regional railway station of your choice with us, thereby removing (almost) all the travel hassle.

With regards to the age range of our groups most of our clients are in their 60's and 70's although there are many both younger and sometimes older too. However age tends to get forgotten on tours and people find kindred spirits across generations.

I hope you will be able to find some tips and reassurance from our other forum users here. And if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Erik.

firsttimer

25 Jun 2019, 10:39  

Hi, I am in the same age bracket as you and a first timer. I would also like to visit Bruges and thought it would be a good trip to see how I get on with solo travel. I am divorced and my children are all grown up and have their own lives now.

Did you ever book this one? I am looking at Autumn time if you are still interested. I would be travelling from London.

•   Information