Riviera Travel - Solo Traveller Forum

General Questions

Ask the Riviera Travel team questions about the holidays, your booking or solo travel in general

Moderators: Riviera Travel, Erik RivieraTravel

Rayc

23 Oct 2018, 10:31  

Hello.

I am thinking about booking my 1st solo holiday. Apart from the usual nervousness about doing this, the one that interests me is the Deep South and Texas Tour. I would be flying from Manchester probably September 2019. I notice outbound stop at Orlando and inbound at JFK International. Are they lengthy stops. Also internal flight from Dallas back to Atlanta. Is luggage checked in at Dallas for return flight back to Manchester.
Also notice stay in San Antonio. Visit to the Alamo in brochure but has been taken off website.

In your brochure there is no mention of the coach travel. ie. Are coaches air conditioned ,toilets etc. Maximum drive time between comfort breaks.

There are also some comments on your Forum re late arrivals at Houston and Dallas leaving little time to view the sites highlighted in your brochure. Have you reviewed this.

Look forward to your reply.

Regards
Ray Cullen

Erik RivieraTravel

23 Oct 2018, 13:54  

Dear Ray,

Thank you for considering us here at Riviera for your first solo holiday. I shall try and answer all of your queries concerning our Deep South and Texas tour as best I can:
- for all flights on this tour, both outbound and inbound, luggage is always checked all the way through, so if there is a change of plane required you would not have to collect your luggage and check it back in again.
- currently as things stand the outbound flight from Manchester is direct to Atlanta, whilst for the inbound there is the internal flight from Dallas to Atlanta and then direct back to Manchester. I must stress, however, that these are the timings that are currently scheduled and are potentially subject to change by the airline. Should there be any schedule change though we would always notify you as soon as we know.
- all the coaches that we use on the tour have air con and toilets as standard and there are regular comfort stops, usually every two hours or so (although obviously it also depends on the availability of suitable locations for such stops).
- the Alamo is an included visit on the tour (on the website, for the sake of brevity, it just says "all tours as mentioned", instead of listing the many entrances and visits that are included in the price of the tour).
- with regards to the arrival times at Houston and Dallas these are dependent on a number of factors such as traffic and how long the group spends at various attractions during the course of the day which can vary depending on the interests of the group.

I hope that satisfactorily answers your queries, though should you have any more then please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Erik.

Rayc

23 Oct 2018, 17:32  

Thanks for your prompt response Erik. All my questions answered.
Couple of other final questions.

Can I upgrade my flight through Riviera or do I contact Virgin directly.
How much deposit if I book over next few days.

Regards

ray cullen

Erik RivieraTravel

24 Oct 2018, 08:06  

Dear Ray,

To upgrade call our reservations department (the number is both in the brochure and on the website) and we will make the upgrade request for you with the airline. And the deposit is £200.

Erik.

•   Information