Riviera Travel - Solo Traveller Forum

Marrakech holiday

Discuss Riviera's solo holidays, talk about travel in general, share tips and read reviews.

Moderators: Riviera Travel, Erik RivieraTravel

travellingperson

07 Aug 2018, 18:01  

I've been and gone and done it - I've booked for Marrakech! Hope I can chat to somebody who is also going on the holiday in February and leaving from Manchester.

Marianne

Dawn64

03 Sep 2018, 08:37  

Hi Marianne
I am also booked on the Marrakech trip from Manchester in February 2019.
Looking forward to the experience but also slightly nervous as travelling solo is completely new to me. I look forward to meeting you and quite sure we will all have a fabulous experience.
Dawn

travellingperson

03 Sep 2018, 19:08  

Hi Dawn - oh, I am so pleased to hear from you! We will be as nervous as one another, take it from me. I was full of bravado as I booked the holiday, and then thought 'what have I done?!' Perhaps we could arrange to meet at the airport a little earlier than the stipulated time? Hope so.
Marianne

Dawn64

04 Sep 2018, 15:04  

Hi Marianne
You sound exactly the same as l feel. I have been trying to pluck up the courage to book a solo holiday for 2 years then l went completely mad and booked 2, l am also going on the classical Spain trip in October.
I hope they will be the first of many holidays to come. I would love to meet up earlier at the airport and can't wait to explore Marrakech.
Dawn

travellingperson

04 Sep 2018, 21:56  

Hi Dawn - I will ask the Riviera team if there is any way you and I can correspond by email.
Marianne

Riviera Travel

05 Sep 2018, 07:47  

Hi both, if you would like to send us an email at forum@rivieratravel.co.uk with a note consenting to us sharing your email with the other travellers I can organise that for you.

thanks!

Lizzy

14 Sep 2018, 18:45  

Hi Marianne & Dawn- I am totally new and looking at the Marrakech trip. I have been on one holiday abroad on my own and find I have no travel buddies again so plucking up courage to do another. Can travel from Manchester. Would love to hear from any of you or both of you as I havent had the courage yet to book. I love travel and Marrakech was a place I had always wanted to go to. I find the airport daunting but love to meet new people.
Liz

travellingperson

18 Sep 2018, 10:00  

Hi Lizzy - oh, that's so good - another new friend to meet! I have made contact with Dawn - it happens we both live in Staffordshire. Now you can go ahead and book - we'll all be fine together (and probably just as daft as one another when it comes to reading the signs in the airport!) Keep in touch - we will probably meet earlier than the appointed time in the airport (safer that way!)

I've been looking up things we just have to see - I'm a keen gardener, so wondered if there was any free time, getting a guide to show me some gardens - though I know we are going to see one.

Just great!
Marianne

Dawn64

18 Sep 2018, 10:54  

Hi Liz
Lovely to here from you, be brave and book the holiday to Morrocco, you, Marianne and myself all seem to be in a similar situation when it comes to holidays take the plunge and I'm sure we will all have a super time. Don't worry about the airport we can meet up slightly earlier,you will have the friends and support that you need. I know exactly how you feel, this is all new to me too and if it helps ask the forum for my email address
Hope to see you soon
Dawn

travellingperson

18 Sep 2018, 11:51  

Lizzie - ask Riviera for my email too.
Marianne

•   Information