Riviera Travel - Solo Traveller Forum

Flying Solo

Discuss Riviera's solo holidays, talk about travel in general, share tips and read reviews.

Moderators: Riviera Travel, Erik RivieraTravel

Linzi

02 Apr 2018, 09:51  

Hi
Im nearing 50 and a widow and I love holidays but finding the solo travel all very daunting and scary and I want to be safe do I just bite the bullet and book up? I hope you don’t mind me asking but what is the age range of the travellers and are we all on our own people don’t bring friends along sorry to ask just need some Dutch courage and help on what to do !!

Riviera Travel

02 Apr 2018, 13:23  

Hi Linzi

Happy Easter

I think it’s fair to say that there are lots of people in a similar position to you who are close to making that step and booking your first solo holiday.

The majority of our customers are in their 50s and 60s, but of course there are plenty of people either side of that too.

The vast majority of people are travelling alone, we do have the odd occasion where people met on a previous holiday and decided to coincide their next holiday. But that is the exception rather than the norm.

I think the consensus from those who have travelled with us is to just go for it, you will wonder why you were so nervous about it!

Let us know if you need anything else?

•   Information