Riviera Travel - Solo Traveller Forum

Solo travel vs single suppliment.

Ask the Riviera Travel team questions about the holidays, your booking or solo travel in general

Moderators: Riviera Travel, Erik RivieraTravel

impis

23 Feb 2020, 17:02  

Hi,

I want to visit Jerusalem and have booked for your tour that leaves in November 2021 under the mantle of 'solo traveller'. I was a bit miffed that i didn't notice that it was for next year as i really wanted to go in November this year. However, there are no 'solo traveller' tours to Jerusalem this year available to me.

So I looked at the ordinary tour to Jerusalem - and there's lots of dates to choose from this year. And much MUCH cheaper if you're travelling with a companion. Roughly £700 cheaper!!

So, my question is, - what would be the single supplement on a trip to Jerusalem this November [2020] and if the suppliment is the same as, or less, than the £700 difference, could I change my dates so that i go this year instead?

Erik RivieraTravel

02 Mar 2020, 09:18  

Dear Impis,

I'm sorry to hear about your issues, and they are easily resolved - I would suggest you call our reservations team (01283 248 333) to discuss, but since your booking is so far ahead it shouldn't be a problem to transfer you to a non-solo tour if that is what you desire (it is true that we have fewer departures for our solo tours as the solo traveller market is much smaller than that of couples and people travelling together).

And yes, if you are sharing a room with a travelling companion then it is cheaper than if you are travelling alone, as you are effectively halving the room cost. That said, if you are still looking to travel singly and pay the single supplement the price will not be significantly different to the equivalent solo tour.

Kind regards,

Erik.

•   Information