Riviera Travel - Solo Traveller Forum

Montenegro Riviera & Dubrovnik

Discuss Riviera's solo holidays, talk about travel in general, share tips and read reviews.

Moderators: Riviera Travel, Erik RivieraTravel

jennydom

14 Jan 2018, 10:19  

Hi

Have just booked this holiday as my first ever solo holiday. I am 57 years old and lost my husband last year. This is all new to me but I'm hoping/expecting a great time and would love to hear from anyone who is travelling at the same time. I'm travelling from Bristol on 9th May.

I've always wanted to visit Dubrovnik so am really looking forward to that, but did go to Montenegro in 2015 and visited Kotor which was absolutely stunning.

Jenny

feeling motivated

15 Jan 2018, 17:01  

Hi Jenny

This is so weird! I am also 57 and have made a provisional booking to go on the Montenegro Riviera holiday on 9th May, flying from Bristol! I thought I'd look at this forum before I confirm my booking (not really sure why!)

I am sorry to hear of your bereavement. This time last year I separated from my husband of 30years. Fortunately we have been able to remain on good terms although we agree we couldn't possibly live together again.
I don't live in Bristol, but for complicated logistical reasons, I decided not to fly from Gatwick.

Maybe we should arrange to keep in touch? I don't know if we can do that on a less public forum?

Gill

jennydom

17 Jan 2018, 23:35  

Hi Gill

It would be great to keep in touch and I'll look forward to meeting you on the trip.

I'm not sure if Riviera Travel can pass on email details? I'd be happy to do that.

Jenny

Riviera Travel

17 Jan 2018, 23:55  

Sure, just drop us an email at forum@rivieratravel.co.uk and we can help arrange that

feeling motivated

18 Jan 2018, 09:49  

hi Jenny
I have emailed the forum to give them the ok to pass on my email address. Hopefully talk soon!
Gill

busyb

30 Jan 2018, 19:18  

Hi

I am feeling nervous as this will be my first solo trip. I am also looking at booking from Bristol on 9th May (very popular).

I am 67, my husband is unable to travel abroad now due to ill health but I loved the sound of this trip. Has anyone done this area before? We usually went to Italy.

Betty

jennydom

05 Feb 2018, 16:53  

Hi Betty

Lovely to know you'll be on the trip too! Will look out for you at the airport or perhaps you'd like to chat on email beforehand? If so let Riviera know and they'll pass on your email details to me. I'll let them know they can pass on mine.

I've not been to most of the places we're visiting, but did go to Kotor and Perast on a cruise and it was absolutely stunningly beautiful, so looking forward to going there again. The rest will all be new and I'm particularly looking forward to going to Dubrovnik, somewhere I've always wanted to visit. Hope it lives up to my expectations. I'm glad we're going in May as it hopefully won't be too busy.

Sorry to hear your husband isn't well enough to travel, but good for you for coming away on your own. I think for a few of us it will be our first solo holiday, so we can all be "newbies" together. Hopefully it will give us the confidence to do it again soon.

Hope to speak to you soon.

Jenny
X

Salphil24

09 Feb 2018, 16:35  

Hi Jenny, Betty and Gill
I’ve just joined this forum today and was delighted to see your posts. I’m also travelling from Bristol on 9 May! I’m 69 (but much younger at heart!) and I live in Swindon. I was widowed in 2015 and have been on several singles holidays since then but this is my first with Riviera. It’s great to know that there will be some travelling companions and I look forward to meeting you. I will send my email on to Riviera and ask them to pass it on to you.

busyb

16 Feb 2018, 23:59  

Hi Jenny
Thank you for the welcome, sadly I hesitated too long and just missed the last place. I am now travelling to Gatwick (not looking forward to the long journey though) and going on the 21st April tour.

I hope you all have a lovely time.

Betty x

Polly

10 Apr 2018, 14:57  

Hi I am Polly booked to go on the Montenegro Riviera & Dubrovnik trip from Stansted. Is there anyone going on the 19th May ?

•   Information