Riviera Travel - Solo Traveller Forum

Lake Garda

Discuss Riviera's solo holidays, talk about travel in general, share tips and read reviews.

Moderators: Riviera Travel, Erik RivieraTravel

Tricia

06 Nov 2019, 10:40  

I'm considering Lake Garda June 6th flying from Bristol and wondering if it's a good idea to book so early, (I booked Budapest, Bratislava and Vienna last May and it was cancelled due to lack of numbers). Are there many bookings for this to date? When would be the optimum time to book?

Many thanks

Riviera Travel

06 Nov 2019, 11:08  

Hi Tricia,

Thank you for your message. I'm sorry to hear that the last tour you booked with us was cancelled. This particular date for this tour has the second highest amount of confirmed bookings, so I think you will be fine to go ahead and book now. The date with the highest amount of confirmed bookings is currently the 8th July 2020.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Rudy

Erik RivieraTravel

06 Nov 2019, 11:22  

Hi Tricia,

Further to Rudy's comments (and I'm also sorry that your Budapest, Bratislava and Vienna) I would say that booking early is always the best policy with us as it does happen that we sometimes need to raise the prices of tours if airlines raise their prices (something we unfortunately have no control over). However once you have booked the price is guaranteed. And should we reduce the price (which does happen sometimes) you would always be refunded the difference.

And for the 6th of June departure from Bristol I certainly can't foresee any circumstances under which that departure date would not go ahead as we already have 12 people booked on the tour this far in advance.

Best regards,

Erik.

Erik.

•   Information