Riviera Travel - Solo Traveller Forum

Vietnam and Cambodia

Discuss Riviera's solo holidays, talk about travel in general, share tips and read reviews.

Moderators: Riviera Travel, Erik RivieraTravel

Erik RivieraTravel

17 Jul 2019, 11:40  

Dear Helen,

Those mosquitoes can indeed be a nuisance! please find below a link to the NHS Fit for Travel website, but to summarise DEET is recommended as the most effective insect repellent, and it's also a good idea to wear light, loose clothing to cover as much of your skin as possible.

https://www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk/advice/ ... -avoidance

Linda64

02 Oct 2019, 12:14  

Hi

I’ve just booked for Vietnam for May 2020 , this will be my first solo trip so will be a bit nervous so any advice would be welcome :)

Riviera Travel

03 Oct 2019, 09:53  

Hi Linda,

That's amazing to hear, Vietnam and Cambodia are incredible destinations, the experience is out of this world! - Feeling a little apprehensive is totally understandable Linda and you will find that many people are in the same boat as you. I can assure you this feeling will quickly dissolve when you are met by your Riviera Tour Manager at London Heathrow. Plus, you will get to enjoy a welcome dinner on the first evening, which breaks the ice and enables you to mingle with your fellow travellers, should you wish.

Whilst you wait for other solo travellers to respond, why not check out our blog, there are a few articles on solo travel that I think you may find useful.

https://www.rivieratravel.co.uk/blog/ca ... traveller/

Best wishes,
Rudy

irnbru63355

08 Oct 2019, 17:23  

Hi - I'm thinking of booking the November solo tour of Vietnam and wondered if anyone could confirm the latest age ranges of the group so far? I'm in my mid thirties so interested to see how many people of a similar age are booked to go. Thanks!

Erik RivieraTravel

14 Oct 2019, 08:11  

Dear Irnbru,

I can confirm that the ages of the solo Vietnam group departing in November this year range from late 30's to early 80's. Currently there are 30 people booked on the tour which means that there are only 2 spaces available.

Erik.

Gail

16 Oct 2019, 18:58  

Hi I am travelling to Vietnam/Cambodia November 2019. Really getting excited but a bit nervous too.
Just wondering how everyone else feels. It’s my first solo.

Lina_UK

02 Nov 2019, 13:24  

Hi, I am looking at this tour for 2020. Is a tour size of 30 the norm? I was hoping to find a tour that looked at a size of 15 to 20.

Erik RivieraTravel

04 Nov 2019, 09:47  

Dear Lina,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I can confirm that around 30 is indeed the norm with our Vietnam tours, so if a group size of 15-20 is a red line for you then you may have to look elsewhere. However I would say that feedback from this tour has been consistently very good and the fact that you have both a local guide and our tour manager with you at all times, so there is 1 staff member per 15 people. Also our group size allows us to spread the costs better and thereby provide a very reasonable price for a top quality tour.

You can see what our customers have said about the tour on the independent Revoo site here: https://mark.reevoo.com/reevoomark/en-G ... trkref=RVR

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Erik.

•   Information