Riviera Travel - Solo Traveller Forum

SOUTH AFRICA 2020

Ask the Riviera Travel team questions about the holidays, your booking or solo travel in general

Moderators: Riviera Travel, Erik RivieraTravel

Zhentuarn

22 Sep 2019, 07:16  

Hello
I am considering South Africa (JULY 2020)
for my first solo trip. Do you have any bookings as yet and can I make contact with any travellers beforehand.? I am excited but apprehensive.
Do the group all stick together for example same hotels etc and is the tour guide in the hotels too?
Thank you

Erik RivieraTravel

25 Sep 2019, 09:02  

Dear Zhentuarn,

We currently already have a couple of bookings for the July departure of our solo South Africa tour. With regards to contacting other travellers beforehand it is possible, however due to data protection regulations people must give their consent before we pass on their contact details. But don't worry we have done this before.

With regards to your other questions the group, including the tour manager, always stay in the same hotels and travel together. Excursions are also done as a group (though they are not compulsory) and at times there is free time where you are able to choose your own programme (our tour managers will be more than happy to suggest options).

Best regards,

Erik.

Zhentuarn

25 Sep 2019, 16:30  

Thank you.
My name is Maureen. I didn't realise my username was the name you use to address me. I'm sorry about that ( Zhentuarn is my sons name)

Erik RivieraTravel

26 Sep 2019, 08:09  

Dear Maureen,

There is absolutely nothing to apologise for. Without other information to go on I use the username as a form of address. It's part of online etiquette I suppose, as sometimes people prefer not to give away too much of their "offline" selves when online.

Erik.

•   Information