Riviera Travel - Solo Traveller Forum

Montenegro's Riviera & Dubrovnic

Ask the Riviera Travel team questions about the holidays, your booking or solo travel in general

Moderators: Riviera Travel, Erik RivieraTravel

LynnK

10 Mar 2019, 15:21  

I am interested in the above holiday from Manchester on the 25th April. The flight is to Dubrovnik with a 3 hour transfer including border crossing. I'm relatively new to solo holidays and I'm a bit concerned about the long transfer. Could you tell me firstly, how many people are booked onto this holiday and secondly, is the border crossing straightforward or is there likely to be a long wait?

Erik RivieraTravel

11 Mar 2019, 09:14  

Dear LynnK,

First of all thank you for considering Riviera Travel for your holiday. With regards to your first question there are currently 15 people confirmed on the April departure for this tour. As for the border crossing it is very straightforward and your tour manager will be on the coach with you to help organise the whole process. Obviously it can happen that there are delays at the border, but it has been our experience that it is usually a simple, hassle-free process.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Erik.

helsy27

27 Mar 2019, 16:15  

Hi, I'm booked on this holiday for May and was wondering whether I could use Euro's when we go to Dubrovnik or shall I get some Croatian money changed for buying lunch etc. Thanks

Erik RivieraTravel

27 Mar 2019, 16:26  

Hi helsy27,

The currency in Croatia is the Kuna, and that is the main means of payment (some shops in Dubrovnik may take Euros, but you might not get such a great rate). However it is very easy to change Euros for Kuna either in Montenegro or whilst in Dubrovnik, or even before you travel should you so wish. Credit cards are also widely accepted so you may not even need any cash (I was in northern Croatia last year and didn't use cash once).

I hope that helps,

Erik.

helsy27

27 Mar 2019, 20:35  

Many thanks Erik, I think the credit card will be used when I travel.

janetg

03 Apr 2019, 10:24  

Hi, I am interested in this holiday in October 2019. This would be my first solo holiday. Is there anyone else travelling from Manchester and anyone first time solo? Thank you.

Janandden

03 May 2019, 08:03  

Hi Everyone

Just booked this solo trip (first one) on 18 September from Bristol.

Anyone out there on this trip from Bristol? Hope I’m not the only one flying from Bristol!!!!

Looking forward to meeting fellow travellers!!

Jan

•   Information