Riviera Travel - Solo Traveller Forum

Cote d'Azur and Italian Riviera 23/3/20

Ask the Riviera Travel team questions about the holidays, your booking or solo travel in general

Moderators: Riviera Travel, Erik RivieraTravel

Liz13

09 Mar 2020, 11:19  

Hi there I was wondering if Riviera is considering any itinerary changes to the Cote d’Azur trip, leaving on 23 March? I know Liguria is not under shutdown, but obviously is close to the currently quarantined areas. Thanks!

Erik RivieraTravel

10 Mar 2020, 14:27  

Hi Liz,

Sorry for the delay in responding. We are currently looking into all the options for this tour now that italy is under travel restriction. We intend to make a decision very soon and will be in touch with everyone who has booked on this tour individually to discuss all the possibilities.

Please bear with us!

Thanks,

Erik.

Erik RivieraTravel

11 Mar 2020, 17:20  

Dear Liz,

I am sure you have been contacted by our customer service team already, but to recapitulate the tour will be going ahead and the two days where we were scheduled to visit Italy have been swapped with equivalent alternative visits in France, namely:
- the visit to Sanremo has been replaced by a visit to Nice and the gorgeous Villa de Ephrussi with its beautiful gardens overlooking the Med.
- the optional visit to Saint Paul de Vence and Biot is now included, so those who have paid for the excursion are being refunded, and we are adding a visit to Cannes as well.
- the visit to Dolceacqua and Seborga is replaced with a free day in Menton.
- and we will be including dinner at the hotel on all nights (except for the last night where we will still go to a local restaurant).

Kind regards,

•   Information