Riviera Travel - Solo Traveller Forum

First solo trip

Discuss Riviera's solo holidays, talk about travel in general, share tips and read reviews.

Moderators: Riviera Travel, Erik RivieraTravel

Helen A

21 Nov 2019, 15:44  

Hi, I have just registered and am interested in the solo trip to Sri Lanka in April. I have always wanted to go there and love the look of the itinerary but am a little nervous at booking a solo trip to then find I am the only sole traveller and surrounded by couples or groups of people. Can anyone give me advice on this. Thanks, Helen

Erik RivieraTravel

21 Nov 2019, 16:05  

Dear Helen,

First of all welcome to the solo forum here at Riviera Travel. I would like to reassure you that on our solo tours we do not accept couples or groups of more than two people travelling together (I have been on two of our solo tours already and on both occasions lone travellers were in the majority, and there was a lovely atmosphere of camaraderie on both). So you can be sure that you will be travelling with like-minded people who also want to mix socially with their fellow travellers.

Please note that we have two Sri Lanka departures in April, one on the 4th and one on the 30th of April. Both still have spaces available on them.

If you have any further questions then please do not hesitate to ask.

Erik.

Helen A

25 Nov 2019, 15:07  

Hi Erik,

Thanks for coming back to me on this, are you able to advise the average age on there trips?

I would ideally have liked to travel in February/March but I think these are the only solo dates for Sri Lanka?

I love the sound of the itinerary and would be really interested in chatting to others that might be booked on these trips or who have done this tour previously. I'm probably looking at the earlier date in April.

Thanks,
Helen

Erik RivieraTravel

25 Nov 2019, 15:29  

Hi Helen,

With regards to ages they do vary quite a bit on our tours. I had a look at this year's departures and we had ages ranging from 34 through to 80, with everything in between. That said, the largest cohort I would say are in their 60's.

With regards to other departure dates we do have a tour departing at the beginning of February, but it is already fully booked, and so the April ones are the only ones in the first part of the year that are free.

Hopefully there will be some people on our forum who have been on the tour who can give you their thoughts and impressions, but in the meantime you can check out the reviews on Revoo, the independent review site that we use:
https://mark.reevoo.com/reevoomark/en-G ... trkref=RVR

Kind regards,

Helen A

25 Nov 2019, 16:45  

Thanks Erik

•   Information