Riviera Travel - Solo Traveller Forum

Another 'Newbie'

Discuss Riviera's solo holidays, talk about travel in general, share tips and read reviews.

Moderators: Riviera Travel, Erik RivieraTravel

Ann

26 Dec 2018, 14:52  

Hello fellow wanabee travellers. Like a number of you I've found myself in my 60s with a desire still to travel, but not sure if I can do it on my own after all this time of being in a couple. I travel to Australia alone to visit family and holiday with friends but I'm interested in striking out on my own, I'm thinking start small with a short break but really fancy a river cruise - could anyone out there share their experience and/or make recommendations? Thanks in anticipation Ann x

Marigold

29 Dec 2018, 16:26  

Hello Ann. I am new to the forum too but what I have read has been very encouraging and it is great to have a company which caters for people like ourselves who want to travel but don't have people who want to go to the same places that we do, so we need to go on our own. I do have a partner but he is happy to stay in the UK and for me to go abroad when I find a holiday which interests me. I am 90% decided to go to Marrakesh & the Atlas Mountains at the end of March - just need to sort out a few things first. The other holiday which I was attracted to was Valencia and the Orange Grove Coast, but perhaps that will wait until next year. I like the format of the Solo Holidays and am sure it will work well. Good luck with whichever holiday you decide on.

Ann

01 Jan 2019, 09:13  

Thanks 'Marigold' I'm already committed to 3 trips this year, but I'm determined to try one of Riviera's cruises even if it has to wait until 2020. I'll let you know what happens ..

Lynne

10 Mar 2020, 19:07  

Booked on the Valencia orange grove trip any one else out there? I am traveling from Manchester

•   Information