Riviera Travel - Solo Traveller Forum

India and Shimla 15 November 2018

Discuss Riviera's solo holidays, talk about travel in general, share tips and read reviews.

Moderators: Riviera Travel, Erik RivieraTravel

dee

24 Sep 2018, 15:22  

I am looking forward to my trip and wonder if there are any fellow travellers who live in Hampshire or even further afield who would like to contact me to discuss preparations for departure and what to pack.

Snowy

13 Oct 2018, 11:43  

Hi I am going on this trip on this date - travelling to Heathrow from Yorkshire. Its my first holiday of this type and I have not been to India before. I am very much looking forward to it and started my preparation already! I have got the Immodium and a filter water bottle. Been advised to take light clothing due to the heat but aware that Shimla may be a lot cooler. How are your preparations coming on.

dee

22 Oct 2018, 13:08  

Hi, Sorry for the delay in replying but I've only just seen your message. It will be my first trip to India and I am very much looking forward to it. Dioralyte is also useful to reduce dehydration. I have been advised to wear long sleeves and trousers, for cultural reasons, also useful as a shield from the sun and mosquitoes. I'll be taking Jungle Juice in case there are mosquitoes but no anti malarial tablets. What sort of water filter bottle have you bought? I am yet to buy one. A fleece for the evenings and Shimla.
I've recorded The Real Marigold Hotel which has been filmed in Udaipur where I will be going after the Riviera tour.
It will be nice to hear from more travellers on our trip.

•   Information