Riviera Travel - Solo Traveller Forum

Bruges in October

Discuss Riviera's solo holidays, talk about travel in general, share tips and read reviews.

Moderators: Riviera Travel, Erik RivieraTravel

WendyD

11 May 2018, 16:35  

Hi
I have just booked to go to Bruges in October. Is anyone else going? This will be my second Riviera Solo holiday. Last year I went to Rouen in June, which I thoroughly enjoyed and met some lovely people. I was really nervous then, and I am sure I will be this time, but I know I will be fine when I get there.

Tricia

15 Jul 2018, 06:01  

Hi
I'm thinking about booking this. I went on the Rouen tour a few years ago with my late husband and really enjoyed it. This would be my first solo holiday so I am dithering about it. I've been on holidays with family members since my husband died which was lovely but I don't want to be dependent on them, I've been to Bruges before, a long time ago but I have always wanted to visit the first world war battlefields and this seems an ideal opportunity. Also the trip is quite short and a good opportunity to 'test the water'. It's good to hear about your positive experience.

Tricia

15 Jul 2018, 12:34  

Hi

I am thinking about booking. I did the Rouen tour some time ago with my late husband and really enjoyed it. I've been on holidays with family since my husband died but don't want to be dependent on them. I went to Bruges a few years ago but I really would like to see the first world war battlefields. Also the tour is quite short so it's a good opportunity to 'test the water' before trying a longer holiday - I like the idea of the Danube cruise. It's encouraging to hear of your positive experience.

Erik RivieraTravel

16 Jul 2018, 08:22  

Hello Wendy,

Welcome aboard - we're glad to hear you've decided to travel with us. Currently there are 12 people (including yourself) booked onto the October departure for Bruges, although we do expect to get a few more booking on in the coming months. As Tricia says, it's a good tour for "testing the water", and as it's a tour we have been running for many years it usually runs very smoothly. Feel free to check out previous testimonials regarding the tour (in the Holiday Reviews section of the forum), or pop us a question here on the forum if you have any queries.

Regards,

Erik.

WendyD

16 Jul 2018, 13:18  

Hello Tricia

I would say go for it. You won't regret it. I also fancy the river cruise but that will have to be next year now.

Chris1957

23 Jul 2018, 16:35  

I’m thinking of booking this tour but am nervous as it will be my first holiday on my own since I’ve been a widow.
Any advice/encouragement will be very much appreciated.

Chris1957

23 Jul 2018, 20:31  

I’m booked on this tour.

Erik RivieraTravel

24 Jul 2018, 08:39  

Dear Chris1957,

I'm glad to hear you've decided to come travel with us - as I said previously this is a nice "starter tour": it's short, Bruges itself is compact and very manageable, most locals speak a reasonable amount of English, and it's just a gorgeous old town. In fact my mother went on this tour earlier this year and absolutely loved it. If we can answer any of your questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Erik.

Tricia

30 Jul 2018, 10:55  

I've booked. Going from Birmingham.

Erik RivieraTravel

30 Jul 2018, 11:36  

Dear Tricia,

Thanks for deciding to "take the plunge" with us. That brings the tally for the tour up to 16, though I'm sure we'll get a few more people booking with us between now and October. Enjoy your planning, and if we can help in any way just pop a question here on the forum.

Erik.

•   Information