Riviera Travel - Solo Traveller Forum

Discuss Riviera's solo holidays, talk about travel in general, share tips and read reviews.

Moderators: Riviera Travel, Erik RivieraTravel

keelsmoo

30 Apr 2017, 22:22  

Hi there holiday makers.... I too am travelling alone for the first time, and feel very nervous about it. I booked to go to Normandy on a trial sized holiday, just in case, (I don't know what haha). Hope I'm not the only person going there. Worried about eating alone, so if that happens i'll go to the hotel with a French equivalent of a sandwich. I've been looking through Riviera for a while, and eventually last month booked. Anybody going to Normandy in June....

crystalbling55

13 May 2017, 09:18  

im booked for CLASSIC ITALY/ROME AND FLORENCE/ in july. first time on my own with RIVIERA really nervous, im hoping I will be able to meet up with fellow travellers at the airport

Botters

10 Jun 2017, 19:35  

Hi

I have never travelled solo, thinking Its about time to get off my butt and give it a try in 2018, but I'm terrified. Anyone got any suggestions on destination for a newbie?

Thanks

Botters

10 Jun 2017, 19:44  

Hi

I have never travelled solo, thinking Its about time to get off my butt and give it a try in 2018, but I'm terrified. Anyone got any suggestions on destination for a newbie?

Thanks

Retired teacher!

21 Jul 2017, 08:58  

I've been on a Riviera hol to Sicily and it was great - but that was with my (now separated from) husband...

I worry that single tours could be full of women of a certain age - like social dances one goes to.. it isn't that I want to pick up a fella but I would like to make male as well as female friends..I'm sure other women out there know what I mean - you can feel such a sad character! And most opf the posts and anxieties do seem to be form women.
The last trip was full of retired teachers- like me (I'm 61 and was younger than many) -which is fine. I 'm not looking for ageing 18-30 style and intelligent conversation form well travelled professional people is v much my bag

•   Information