Riviera Travel - Solo Traveller Forum

any midlanders?

Discuss Riviera's solo holidays, talk about travel in general, share tips and read reviews.

Moderators: Riviera Travel, Erik RivieraTravel

SueP

22 Jul 2017, 07:11  

Hi Zanna, I love Melton! I am going to Normandy on 7th September... can't wait!

mikew

12 Oct 2017, 15:05  

I’m from Birmingham and have done numerous solo holidays over the years to places near and far - USA, Peru, China, Borneo, Burma, Iceland, Jordan, Russia, Central America, Egypt and South Africa.

Sandy - don’t be scared about taking a solo holiday, you’ll be absolutely fine. Should you go for a short break or ‘jump right in’? Look at it like this...is there somewhere that you’ve always wanted to visit? If there is, and it’s within your budget, then you have your answer! For me, the answer was easy - I’d always wanted to cruise the Nile and see those wonderful, historical sites. So follow your dream and enjoy!

Cheers
Mike

PennyWatson

16 Oct 2017, 12:19  

Mike, I am with you 100%. I have just returned from a short break in Bruges and it was my first time on a "Solo Traveller" holiday and my first experience of Riviera Travel. We travelled to Lille on Eurostar and people came from every corner of the UK - Newcastle, Leeds, Sunderland, Penrith, Beverley, Wrexham, Oxford, Bath, Truro, Berkhamsted, Rochester, Newbury, Jersey, Weston-super-Mare and I come from Surrey. I met some truly lovely people and would definitely recommend it to anyone.

Andy173

08 Jan 2018, 17:16  

Hi

I am in Derby and also new to Solo holidays. Just booked India and Shimla for April 2018.
Life's too short, go for it.

•   Information