Riviera Travel - Solo Traveller Forum

Welcome!

Discuss Riviera's solo holidays, talk about travel in general, share tips and read reviews.

Moderators: Riviera Travel, Erik RivieraTravel

Erik RivieraTravel

23 Jan 2019, 12:05  

Dear Kaza,

We certainly understand that the airport process can be a little daunting when you're on your own, which is why we will always have a Riviera Travel representative at the airport check-in area should you need it. On your Vietnam tour, where the whole group flies out on the same plane, that person will be your tour manager who will be on hand to offer any assistance you may require (you should be able to recognise them by their Riviera branded badge and/or sign). If you are comfortable with the whole check-in process feel free to do that independently.

I would, however, recommend that you put one of the turquoise Riviera luggage tags that we send out with your travel documents onto your hand luggage so that you can recognise your fellow travellers at check-in and at the departure gate.

Chris

25 Jan 2019, 16:06  

Hello Kaza. I don’t know when you are travelling but I am going on the solo tour which leaves on March 19. I went to India in November. That was amazing and I am expecting the same in Vietnam. When you arrive at the airport there will be a Riviera guide to meet you. It all goes very smoothly and you will have a great time.
Chris

Donnas

27 Feb 2019, 12:55  

Hi I have just joined today, as I am looking at going on my first solo holiday, can I please ask what the age range is for solo travellers, thank you

Gail stonehouse

27 Feb 2019, 16:06  

Hi you will have to let me know how you get on with the Vietnam trip. Hoping to book that next week. Just have to confirm dates with work.
Must say I’m nervous about the solo but need to do it for myself.

Riviera Travel

27 Feb 2019, 17:24  

Hi Donnas,

We do see a large range of ages of people on our solo trips. The majority of people tend to be in their 50s and 60s, but there are always people either side of that range too. What we tend to hear from our last customers is that age is largely irrelevant and people enjoy each other’s company

Hope that helps?

Chrissie

28 Feb 2019, 23:19  

I have just joined today, am off to Sri Lanka with Riviera in April and must admit to being a little apprehensive! I lost my husband suddenly 2 years ago and really miss our travels, so I have taken the plunge and hope I enjoy it so much that I would like to do more. Fingers crossed!
Chris

Gail stonehouse

02 Mar 2019, 15:40  

Hi Chrissie you will love Sri Lanka it is so interesting and the people are so friendly.
I m a newbie to solo.
I lost my husband last year to cancer. I’m determined to still travel.
I’m booking the Vietnam in November.

Caro167

06 Mar 2019, 09:42  

Hi Chrissie

I'm on the same trip as you, very excited and also a total newbie. I look forward to meeting you.

Caroline

Chrissie

11 Mar 2019, 19:56  

Hi Caroline
Look forward to meeting you too, glad you’re new to this as well, don’t feel quite so worried now!
Have you any idea if we need to get a lot of local currency?
Chris

Caro167

13 Mar 2019, 14:30  

Hi Chrissy

From what I'm reading we don't seem to be able to take currency with us. Where are you flying from? I'm going from Heathrow.

Caroline

•   Information