Selected departures up to October 2014
Uncover one of Italy’s best kept secrets on our escorted tour to the magical island of Sicily with its breathtaking coastline and charming hilltop villages, the magnificent Valley of the Temples and spectacular Mount Etna
- Return flights
- Seven nights dinner, bed & breakfast at quality four-star hotels
- Guided tour of Agrigento’s ancient Greek, Valley of the Temples, one of the world’s greatest archaeological sites
- Visit to Palermo, Sicily’s capital with its gorgeous medieval and baroque centre, Italy’s finest outside Rome
- Visit stunning Taormina - one of Italy’s most beautiful and stylish hilltop villages
- Guided tour of Piazza Armerina, once completely buried, now a remarkably preserved Roman villa with stunning frescoes and ancient mosaics
- Visit to Mount Etna – Europe’s largest active volcano
- Guided tour of Monreale’s medieval cathedral with the world’s finest medieval mosaics
- Guided tour of Siracusa – one of the Ancient Greek empire’s richest city’s and home of Archimedes
- Escorted by our experienced tour manager
* Selected departures available up to October 2014, prices from £879pp flying from London Gatwick
The price of this holiday is per person, based on two people sharing a twin room. Single and Sea View rooms are subject to availability at the relevant supplement, please see the Accommodation tab for further details. The price includes return flights as indicated, seven nights dinner, bed and breakfast, airport departure taxes, all tours as mentioned, guided tours of Valley of the Temples, Siracusa, Villa at Piazza Armerina and Monreale; visits to Palermo and Etna, the services of a Riviera tour manager. Where hotels feature a swimming pool, pools are open in the summer months weather permitting.
Not included: entrance to Valley of the Temples €13.50, Piazza Armerina €5, Monreale €6, Siracusa Archaeological Site €10 approximate costs, payable locally. Mount Etna exploration: cable car only €29.20, or cable car, jeep and compulsory guide €60.50, approximate costs, payable locally.
If you are 65 or over, or under 18, under current Italian law entrance to any state owned museum is free for British and other European Union citizens on production of your passport. However, €1 is payable locally, if you are 65 or over, or under 18 for the Entrance to the Valley of the Temples.
Occasionally the opening times of the places of interest vary, and if this happens we may have to change the order of events.
Pompeii, Capri & the Bay of Naples
Lake Garda, Venice & Verona
Lake Como, St Moritz & the Bernina Express