Selected departures up to October 2015
Uncover one of Italy’s best kept secrets on our escorted tour to the magical island of Sicily with its breathtaking coastline and charming hilltop villages, the magnificent Valley of the Temples and spectacular Mount Etna
- Return flights
- Seven nights dinner, bed & breakfast at quality four-star hotels
- Guided tour of Agrigento’s ancient Greek, Valley of the Temples, one of the world’s greatest archaeological sites
- Visit to Palermo, Sicily’s capital with its gorgeous medieval and baroque centre, Italy’s finest outside Rome
- Visit stunning Taormina - one of Italy’s most beautiful and stylish hilltop villages
- Guided tour of Piazza Armerina, once completely buried, now a remarkably preserved Roman villa with stunning frescoes and ancient mosaics
- Visit to Mount Etna – Europe’s largest active volcano
- Guided tour of Monreale’s medieval cathedral with the world’s finest medieval mosaics
- Visit to Siracusa – one of the Ancient Greek empire’s richest city’s and home of Archimedes
- Escorted by our experienced tour manager
Dates & Prices
We have been on several Riviera tours and this was well up to the high standard we have come to expect.
Our guide Elizabeth was excellent. She worked so hard for us and was considerate and caring. She provided so much information that really set the scene for us and made the visits particularly interesting. The stop off points she arranged were all first class with good food and drink and facilities.
The tour itself was superb and we felt we really experienced Sicily. The Valley of the Temples, Agrigento, Monreale, so interesting. The Roman Villa at Piazza Armerina was stunning. On to beautiful Taormina which we had seen on our Riviera Royal Clipper trip a couple of years before. Finally Siracusa and Etna. A fabulous tour with two very good hotels although the Excelsior Palace had the best food.
Thanks for a memorable holiday.
Latest Sicily Tour Testimonial
* Selected departures available up to October 2015, prices from £939pp flying from London Gatwick
The price of this holiday is per person based on two people sharing a twin room. Single and sea view rooms are subject to availability at the relevant supplement. The price includes return flights as indicated, seven nights dinner, bed and breakfast, airport departure taxes and transfers, all tours as mentioned, guided tours of Valley of the Temples, Villa at Piazza Armerina and Monreale, visits to Palermo, Siracusa and Etna and the services of a Riviera tour manager. Occasionally the opening times of the places of interest vary, and if this happens we may have to change the order of events. Where hotels feature a swimming pool, pools are open in the summer months weather permitting.
Not included: Ortygia boat trip €10, Mount Etna exploration: cable car only €30, or cable car, jeep and compulsory guide €60, approximate costs, payable locally.
Pompeii, Capri & the Bay of Naples Tour
Classic Greece Tour
Western Sicily, Palermo & the Aeolian Islands Tour