Visas & Passport Information
- You will require a valid passport for your holiday. Please check www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice for country specific information relating to entry requirements (e.g. whether your passport needs to be valid beyond the return date of your holiday).
- Please keep your passport in your hand luggage and not in your suitcase.
- For further details regarding passports and the requirements for traveling abroad please call 08705 210 410 or visit https://www.gov.uk/browse/abroad/passports
- British citizens whose dates of birth fall on or before 2 September 1929 are eligible for free ten-year passports. This concession has been made to recognise the sacrifices made by World War II veterans and civilians.
- It is advisable to take a photocopy of your passport with you on holiday but do not keep it with your passport.
- When traveling, always keep your passport in a zipped pocket in your hand luggage.
- Always keep a separate note of your passport number, place and date of issue, or preferably a photocopy of the back pages, packed separately from your passport. It is also recommended that you leave a copy with a friend in the UK and carry with you another form of identification (such as a driving licence). All this will be useful if your passport is lost or stolen.
The following information is for British Citizens only. If you do not hold a British passport (or have a British passport issued overseas) or EU passport, then you must check with the appropriate embassy to see if you require a visa.
- Do you have a valid passport?
- Is your passport valid for the length of your trip? Please note thats some destinations require validiy up to six months beyond your return date to the UK. See below for more info.
- Have you have completed the ‘next of kin’ section in your passport?
- Does the name on your travel documents exactly match the name on your passport?
- Have you checked whether you require a visa for your chosen destination?